Wednesday 17 July 2019

First, I believed but now I know


“It is always darkest just before the day dawned.” by Thomas Fuller


It was my second night in Europe after a few years of being away from my “old continent”. It was difficult to have a normal sleep due to the time zone difference. While in Canada it was 8:00 pm, in Romania the watch was displaying 3:00 am. I went outside being determined to wait for the day dawn into God’s presence in prayer using the garden’s alleys to walk and enjoy a gorgeous display of a beautiful sky full of stars. On that night the Lord All-Powerful blessed my soul with His thoughts of understanding of some things that I was praying for, stirred up my heart with His living hope and blessed my spirit with a new dimension of His creation. It was about 4:10 am when my eyes experienced something unexpected, the darkness of the sky started to lose its power while the sky began to be penetrated by something that visibly dimmed the darkness that covered the sky. For a moment I didn’t know what happened but soon I understood that Fuller’s statement was true: “It is always darkest just before the day dawned.” I never met Mr. Thomas Fuller, but I believed his statement before I had to witness it with my eyes. Before that night I believed that “it is always darkest just before the day dawned”, but now I know that “it is always darkest just before the day dawned.”

I challenge you all to believe and to consider all good promises of the Lord All-Powerful and put Him to test while you’re fulfilling His will. Only then you too will experience the difference of believing and knowing. This experience will cost you PATIENCE ENDURANCE WHILE YOU CONTINUE TO DO HIS WILL through the darkest hour until you will see the day dawned. Then you will know that God’s Word is Yes and Amen!


“Nevertheless, this darkness shall not be the same as the affliction that came upon her when they lightly touched the land…”  (Isaiah 9:1a; Jubilee Bible 2000)
“I am the LORD All-Powerful, and I challenge you to put me to the test.” (Malachi 3:10a; CEV)
“So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.” (Hebrew 10:35-36 NLT)
“You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.” (2Peter 1:19 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment